Thursday 1 December 2011

Soundtrack Research

Horror films usually have slow building music to help create tension within the scene, music can help make a great film and without it may not be as scary. The music itself usually fits in with extremely well, like when action happens, the pitch to raise and the tempo to rise as well. Classic Horror movie music is usually orchestral based, and is written and played for the film.  Although in some modern horror titles more rocky and upbeat music can be used, putting a twist into the film.

2 Example of Classic Horror Soundtracks are those from Jaws, Dead Silence and Friday the 13th




Whereas here is a example of a piece of Modern Soundtrack music, they are from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.


I prefer the music for Dead Silence as I think it is very creepy and would help build tension within the film. I would like to have a track like this for my film, I also like the music from Jaws and the way that the music changes to help represent the movement of the shark, I think it helps the audience realise that the shark is coming closer, and its a clever way of letting the audience know of oncoming danger for the characters without the characters knowing. I will compose and play a peice of Classical Horror music for my soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment